Safety of your details
How we will use your information?
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To process your payments.
- To manage your account and administer this website.
- To pass information about you to agents, service providers and employees to carry out services. In the course of providing such services, we may transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area. We will employ appropriate security measures to protect your personal information where this is the case.
- The information which you provide will be shared with Shop Direct Finance Company Limited.
- To disclose information about you to any relevant regulator if they require it or to anyone else if there is a legal duty to do so.
- We may analyse any data which you provide in the My Budget section of this website to aid our debt collection strategies.
- We may monitor or record telephone conversations with you to ensure consistent services levels, to prevent or detect fraud and for training purposes.
- We may also pass your information to other members of our group of companies and to third parties for debtor tracing and debt recovery purposes.
How safe are my transactions?
We take the security of your details very seriously. We use industry standard encryption methods to deter would-be hackers. 'Encryption' turns your information into a special code that only our computers can unscramble.
Credit reference agencies and fraud prevention
As part of our debt collection activities we may check the information which we have collected about you with fraud prevention agencies.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
We may also share information about you and the conduct of your account with credit reference agencies and other relevant third parties.
Please telephone freephone 0800 092 9054 if you want to have details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from whom we obtain and to whom we give information about you. You have a legal right to these details. We, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other traders may also use the records for statistical analysis about credit, insurance and fraud.
We may use automated decision making systems when assessing you for fraud prevention.
In order that we can monitor and improve the site, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP (Internet Provider) address, operating system and browser.
For further information about cookies and how they are used, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your information or on data protection generally please contact us at the Data Protection Unit, Park Lane, Netherton, Liverpool L72 1LQ